Sunday, March 05, 2006

My humble Tokyo abode

Just because my family seems to be convinced that I'm living in a cardboard box in the seediest parts of Shinjuku, I now present the pictures of my apartment. You'll have to take my word that I have a bathroom with toilet and shower, because I really don't feel like posting that here. To the left is the view from my balcony, where we see some tiny trees (including a tiny palm tree) and the face of a monstrous apartment building. The people in Tokyo are fairly well packed-in and the neighborhood where I live, Takanawa, is pretty desirable because it's near a major train station and close to some of the richy parts of Tokyo.


Here's one half of the studio, complete with bookshelves, a desky thing that basically serves as a de facto bookshelf, and my dining table, which serves as a desk/workspace. You can see that today is a special occasion and I have decided to make my bed up.

Here's the other half, with a better view of the table, couch, TV and balcony. Huzzah!

And finally, the kitchen, complete with double convection oven and all the accoutrements that would make my father, Billerica's answer to Emeril LaGasse, extremely proud. Actually, as you can see, there is a toaster oven, microwave, mid-sized fridge, stovetop, sink, countertop and shelf. It came with a pan, mugs, a pot which I have yet to use, and a brand new spatula!

Well, I hope you have enjoyed your tour of Kristina's apartment. Please watch for crows on your way out, and no, no, you're too kind, but tipping is not customary in Japan. In fact, why don't you take some of the piles of useless 1-yen and 5-yen coins I have waiting right next to the door... There you go! Have a great day!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like your place
i wish i could visit
please eat many katsu and ramen
and mochi

laterz

IK

March 09, 2006 10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home